BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 15, 2012

i'm a creature of habit.

i guess that's the main reason why i got hit in the back with a ski lift -- i wanted to take the picture from the very same spot i always do. doesn't that make sense when you're trying to do a time lapse and show the different seasons? unfortunately, that favorite spot i have happens to be right behind one of the ski lift chairs and when you are dumb and forget they are all moving, the next one behind will hit you square in the back. after that, you will feel mortally embarrassed, then look around and realize no one even noticed so you just go back to snapping pictures from a few feet to the right. the end.

this creature of habit is straying a bit this weekend. it's the first week (in months!) that i've been home and haven't gone on my weekly rib mountain run. unfortunately (again), my throat has been hurting for a few days and i figure if it hurts to talk / breathe, it will probably hurt more to run up a mountain. so this week -- i'm taking the day off. boo.

to make up for my lack of speaking ability, allow me 
to dazzle you with my other skills.
first off -- making caramel from scratch 
(as pictured with apples and sean's feet):
 ^ yes, that was sugar and some other ingredients and i magically turned it into caramel.

another (rather time-consuming) skill i utilized is uploading my christmas pics to facebook. 
want to see? click here. 
(mom...that means you!)
most of them include my awesome sibs --
 and my adventures with this guy -- 
also this week -- i finally fixed my back blinky turn light.
and when i say i fixed it, i mean i supervised while sean fixed it. 
winner winner chicken dinnner.
as a final random side note, i found this on my work facebook page and it totally made my day:
being ON tv isn't my favorite thing, but i'm glad some people like my stories. this particular comment came after a series of stories i did about a soldier in our area who was killed on christmas day. it was a rough experience, meeting his family and trying to tell his story well but i'm glad i got to do it. 

ALSO...!!!
thanks to all who supported me in my
bowling for kid's sake charity beg-a-thon.
sean's the first bowler. i'm the second.
yes, we tied.
and more importantly -- YES. i broke 100.
also i got strikes in my first two frames.
thank you, spring term college bowling class.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gas lift chairs are form of office chair that allows the user to modify their height in relation to the lift chairs height of a desk.

Lift chairs

Emily said...

Sorry ski lift showed you who's boss.

Sorry germs did too.

That Caramel looks delicious!

Love me some belated Christmas Joy

Mr.fix-it stereotypes exist for a reason

Not that you're bad at your job but he probably just wants to do you

You never gave a me your Paypal for charity bowling

We were supposed to Skype yesterday

and I love you.

Micaela said...

everything about you and your blog makes my heart smile. just saying. i loved this:)

Briane said...

If I ever learn to make caramel from scratch, it's game over for me.

Nice job bowling!

Anonymous said...

Remember how you dated your bowling teacher?? Maybe I'll take bowling this spring... (; slash yay for sean and for pictures and CARMEL?! i need to get that recipe...STAT. miss you xoxx

ps who is "Lift Chairs"? hahahah

ps word: lexinfmx (aka LEX in the beginning!! captcha knew he was being mentioned in this post...)