BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 11, 2011

disclaimer: i love my job.

don't get me wrong.
my job is slightly insane.

i work long hours. i don't have a very regular schedule.
and sometimes, the responsibilities i take on seem
well over my current pay-scale.

it can be really hard sometimes.
when storm clouds loom...
...when buildings are destroyed...
...when emus lose their homes...
...there are no words to express the devastation.
my stories can do no justice to the sheer amount of loss.
it breaks my heart to see the sadness-filled scenes that surround me.

but i wouldn't trade my job for any other.
i share their sorrow, their stories
and try to help them hope for a better tomorrow.
these people who have experienced so much more than i ever have.

i have so much to learn.

3 comments:

ruth said...

NOT THE EMUS!!!!!!!

that is devastating. Please tell me the EMUS found a new home????

xxx love youuuu (mittens)
thanks for jogging with me :)

Anonymous said...

): emus </3

Briane said...

Somehow, as the other commenters noted, the emus make it especially sad.

Very poetic, though.