BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

my $80 swim.

i've been running a lot lately 
so i knew i needed to give my shoes a break.
i didn't WANT to swim.
but i figured i should.
16 laps.
not sure how long that is but it felt like a lifetime.
and since it's the first time i've been to the gym in months,
(since i've started running outside with the nice weather)
it's like four months worth of my YMCA membership.

the only person who was more happy that i didn't drown
was probably the lifeguard there.
i'm a TERRIBLE swimmer
but maybe that's why it's such a good workout.

briane...this one's for you.

3 comments:

ruth said...

you have done more swimming in a day than i have done in 3 years... winning! so proud of you ( and i like the DK style googles! I demand a pic with them on!!)

Briane said...

HOW LONG IS THAT POOL? I can barely see the other end. 16 laps in that I think is better than the 24 laps I did in my pool the other day. So you have bested me at my own sport...

...In other words: IT IS ON, ANNA.

On second thought, no, it's not. You're way more fit than me. I HAVE TURNED IT BACK OFF. Nicely done on the swimming, though -- and I should say, your running is part of what inspired me to actually try to get in shape/work off the spaghetti & meatball sandwiches I eat for lunch.

Anonymous said...

winner winner! wish i could swim 1/50000 days of my life (: